Serving the Labrador Francophone community since 1973, the Association francophone du Labrador (AFL) aims to promote and develop the Francophonie and encourage Canadian bilingualism.
- is working to obtain training in French in Western Labrador;
- develops projects for job creation;
- collaborates with organizations in the region in promoting tourism;
- works to obtain additional services in French by promoting the importance of bilingualism in the region;
- supports and encourages other Francophone organizations in the region;
- sensitizes the Francophone community to its language rights;
- acts as a spokesperson for the Francophone community;
- organizes various family, social, cultural and sports activities.